To start the effort we need to understand your objectives on a
broad level ...
You also need to define and provide estimates of your planned
- Size of website envisioned.
- The vendor from whom you plan to acquire your e-commerce
software and website hosting services.
- If a Point of Sale (POS) system is used elsewhere in
your business we need to know how it will interact with your
online ordering system.
- If you are establish an e-commerce website you need to
- How you maintain your master inventory list.
- Your implementation schedule constraints for the
To establish a basis for design you need to ...
- Personal time dedicated to the effort.
- Time other members of your staff will contribute to the
- Existing hardware and software resources that you intend
- Existing materials (photo quality images and text
- Funding approach.
With this information we will ...
- Identify Internet websites that you really like.
This will give us a basic idea of your vision for
- Provide any available advertising copy and images by
mail or snail-mail. This will give us a basic idea of the
amount of material that will need to be developed from
If there is agreement to proceed, we will ...
- Either -- Make a recommendation on how to proceed to the next
stage of development;
- Or -- Recommend that you choose a different resource to
address your needs.
- Estimate the approximate cost for the website devbelopment.
- Identify payment methods
- Single payment.
- Single payument with advance.
- Periodic fixed payments.
- Periodic fixed sum plus percentage of gross sales.
- Summarize agreements in a simple written document.